memories

">

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Don't believe in coincidences

There I was, all cried out, speaking to my dead husband ... "WTF am I going to do?"

Worrying about how I was going to get our property in the UK sold within these new and tighter time constraints.

And the phone rang.  When I hung up, I said, "Thanks, Baba."  I don't believe in coincidences.

It was regarding PPI (Payment protection insurance which is often known as PPI, loan protection insurance, credit protection insurance is an insurance product designed to protect your outstanding debt. The insurance is usually sold alongside loans, credit cards and mortgages) that we have paid out for mortgages/loans/credit cards.  

Note:  I've checked out the company and they are an authorised business operating within the Government's regulatory framework.  The paperwork is awaiting my signature, but I want to read it through carefully and do some more research and take advice (you know who you are LOL) before I go ahead.  It looks bona fide so far ... and it looks as though I'm due a very healthy refund.  Enough in fact to invest in a second rental property - perhaps an apartment in Sicily or similar.  I can now vividly remember Cliff getting cross when he realised how much we were spending on insurance each month when he sat down and analysed our budget.

Fingers crossed.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, some (hopefully) good news.  Must tread carefully though.

And, the car issue is all sorted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My friend and I were stood on my driveway.

I was waving.




Lynn:  "he thinks you're waving to him, doesn't he?"
Boo:  "yes."
Lynn:  "but you're waving goodbye to the car, aren't you?"
Boo:  "yes I am.  And to that part of my life.  Bet most people wouldn't be ecstatic to swap a BMW for a Nissan Almera.  But I love love love my new car.  And it's red."
Lynn:  *laughing*  "Right then, let's make sure you remember how to drive an automatic."

I love it.  It symbolises the transition in my life.  Another step forward.




As someone who is very very special to me says often, "One breath at a time ..."  

One step at a time.

I'm getting there, Baba.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, since publishing my last post, I've been overwhelmed with messages from friends and family, near and far.  I'm sorry if I've worried you.  I love you for caring.  Like I said, the post was about me going through some self-analysis and a learning curve.  It's made it clear to me that I need to be responsible for my own emotional balance.  I have no right to expect people to be mind-readers, it's not fair ... I have to be adult and speak out.


6 comments:

  1. love to you. Judy is right. i fervently believe you are going to be okay. you are right. he was/is/always will be watching over you. you are getting there. i can see that with all the decisions you've made, all the plans put in the works. you have a life laid out for yourself. i am so very excited for you. keep posting and also photos. i live vicariously through you, you know.

    love and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Boo. I've been out of it for ages but I'm back visiting my blogging friends. Nice to see your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a nice blog to provide a good information. I bookmarked this blog further more useful information. Thanks for sharing this.... Loan PPI Claim

    ReplyDelete