memories

">

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Two Years




It's been two years since my husband died.

Two years.

The world has moved on two years.

But I have stood still.

For two years.

For the best part of that time, I wasn't even sure if he was dead.

But he is. I even have proof.



I knew him for half of my life and lived with him for a third of it.

He was the kindest, sweetest man I ever knew. He would have done anything for me, and he did.

He taught me so much, and I am still learning from him.

I've been loving him too long ... to stop now.



Highway, Highway - Joe Cocker


The circle turns and the seasons change.


Dogs grow old and in the summer it still rains.


But I never thought you and I would ever be apart.


Babies cry at their mothers breast


and Sunday morning is still a day to be blessed


but what can I tell my broken heart?


Highway, highway


Where you go I don't know


Maybe closer to my dreams, maybe far away


Take me today


Highway, Highway


Give me wings to fly


It's going to be hard letting go of you


and living separate lives


The stars aren't diamonds and the moon's not blue


There's no gold at the end of the rainbow


There's no dream to hold on to, without you


The only thing that's real is this lonely road tonight


Maybe a change would be good for me


Who knows where this road might lead


Highway, Highway


Where you go I don't know


Maybe closer to my dreams, maybe far away


Take me today


Highway, Highway


Give me wings to fly


It's going to be hard letting go of you


and living separate lives


It's going to be hard letting go of you


and living separate lives.



(and here is Joe Cocker singing it).


8 comments:

  1. "I have been loving him too long .... to stop now."
    Oh, Boo ...... T.A.N.W.
    (there are no words)
    Except ..... you're right .... and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll never stop loving them, and I truly believe they'll never stop loving us. I adore that photo of you two. ((((BOO)))) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep loving him.

    We will keep loving you.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture too. I have nothing original to say but wanted to you know that I'm thinking of you. Ditto to every comment above :)

    Love Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless you Boo. Don't ever stop loving (not that you will).

    Jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love never dies. thinking of you always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing photo of the two of you - magical! I read your words and think back to where I was at the 2-year mark - at the 1st-year mark I was caring for my youngest son diagnosed with a life-threatening heart condition and at the 2-year mark taking care of my parents almost full time. I sometimes believe that my poor husband got short changed because I never really grieved for him but then again, maybe having the distractions of having to care for my family was what saved me?

    Thinking of you and wishing none of us were in this position but believing that somehow we are making a difference.

    ReplyDelete