memories

">

Friday, December 31, 2010

Ready or not - here comes 2011

It's 16h30 here in the UK and I'm still sitting here in my PJs. I can't believe it's NYE. My second one without him.

I'm exhausted from crying solidly for the past two days and hoping that I've released enough pain to enable me to smile and particpate in the celebrations later today. I wish I was already in Australia because it'd already be over. But then I'd be nearer to the 6th January and the two year mark.

Bring on January 7th. And quick. That's when my body feels as though a fresh year has started. His death has overwritten the rules of time and the gregorian calendar. I've always been known to break rules. I was born for it.

Truth be told, I'd rather be with Deb and Kim this evening because they are having to withstand NYE as well as their wedding anniversary and the two year anniversary of Warren dying. I'm lighting candles for A and W and Cliff tonight. It just feels right. Besides Kim is flying and shan't be able to light one herself. This will ground me too ... remembering I'm not alone in this. There are so many - too many - of us.

After a long thought I decided not to attend the Pirate Club House music event in London. It would have been too much. It would have felt alien without him standing there talking to the men organizing it while I danced my butt off. I danced for him. And I don't feel strong enough to dance for him tonight. NOT YET.

Part of me wants to stay home alone but I'm terrified I'll react the same way I did a year ago. He'd not be happy with me. Today the silence in the house is deafening.

So I'm going to have a jacuzzi, drive down the coast and see in 2011 with his family.

Guess I ought to let them know ... along with a good friend of his. I need them tonight .... almost as much as I want and need him.

Here's to more peace and healing for us all next year. And here's to my beautiful strong husband. I miss you so much it's unspeakable.

3 comments:

  1. Hoping you have a great new year filled with healing, peace, love, and lots of adventure!! Love you Boo!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Boo. You, Kim and I together on New Years sounds like a good suggestion. We could invite Chelsea who met her sweet husband on NYE, the exact same night I married Austin. You are so right that knowing we aren't alone makes this bearable. I'm lighting candles here too, and wish for all of us a peaceful 2011. Love you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a happy night, my dear.
    And I hope you find peace in the year to come.

    Jxxx

    ReplyDelete