memories

">

Saturday, December 4, 2010

I stood by your bed - abridged by Boo





I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying,

You found it hard to sleep.

I whispered to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast,

I watched you pour the tea,

You were thinking of the many times your hands reached out to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.

I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my hand on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.

I tried so hard to let you know that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday.

To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew ...

In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is almost over...

I smile and watch you yawning and say "goodnight, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,

I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me

- Author Unknown

9 comments:

  1. i am sobbing over this. if only i could be sure it were so. if only i could know. peace to you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tears are flowing. I'm sure that they are with us. I've spoke with a medium several times and the accuracy of the details that she couldn't possibly know are shocking and incredibly comforting because I know he's here and watching over us. And I've been doing some reading about spirituality, life after death and past lives. Extremely facinating. And while I find it comforting that his spirit lives on and is with us, it isn't as comforting as his physical presence was. Despite my total belief that his spirit lives on, I'm still missing him with every cell in my body and craving his touch. When we are in human form, the spirit doesn't quell loneliness.

    I realize that this may sound quacky, but it's what I've come to know and believe since he died. This journey has so many twists and turns. Almost 21 months ago, I never would have believed what I believe now. And I have been a very skeptical student, who really needed to hear proof before I'd even consider a new way of thinking. Anyway, thanks for your abridged version of this poem. So sweet and sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sobbing over here, too. 73 weeks, in more or less half an hour. I just started reading the steiner book on continuing your relationship after death. Deb, would you share the good ones you've found? I am also skeptical, and find so many things far too flaky for me to absorb. M and I loved quantum physics and all those things, so the larger invisible world is already real to me, but this is a wole new deal.
    And, I agree deb - no matter how cool it is, how comforting, it is not a fair trade at all. We are still here in this form, and nothing will make that okay. I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. S - I do believe. Completely. 100%. You know that dragons are magic so anything is possible.

    D - not sounding quacky (well if you are ... then I am too). I haven't explored those avenues, however my grandmother and mother were "fait" (as my Dad called it!) With each generation the ability weakens, but I still have a little of it in me ... and I have felt him, I know beyond doubt that I have.

    Right I am either going to stop you booing and make you laugh ... or, you will cry even harder.

    What I "abridged" was:

    whined to whispered
    paw to hand

    It's written by a dog (well you know ....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww Megan hi hon ... maybe we all needed to have that little release and the words made us cry because we want to believe so badly, or we do believe ... but we miss them too much xxx

    Please Deb, yes, would you mind sharing (privately perhaps on email) just the research and links / contacts ... I wouldn't suggest for one moment that you share private precious Austin/Debs stuff :-)

    Love you all
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, thanks for sharing your version!! Although the doggie version works too!! :) Love you!!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :~~~~~~~~/

    Absolutely beautiful and I reposted on my blog. I should know better than to read at work!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear, I'm always worried that I am going to blow electric fuse when those big fat silent tears hit the keyboard xx

    ReplyDelete