memories

">

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Help for the Holidays


Here are some useful articles, written by or recommended by, my favourite Counsellor, Marty <3









and some poems that you may identify with:


I will Light Candles this Christmas

by Howard Thurman

I will light Candles this Christmas;
Candles of joy despite all sadness,
Candles of hope where despair keeps watch,
Candles of courage for fears ever present,
Candles of peace for tempest-tossed days,
Candles of grace to ease heavy burdens,
Candles of love to inspire all my living,
Candles that will burn all the year long.

Christmas Memories

When snowflakes dance on winter winds
And colored lights shine Christmas cheer,
When children's laughter fills the air
And family gathers from far and near,
I try to celebrate with them
And not let my hurting show,
But the empty spaces within my heart,
At this season, seems to grow
'Till oftentimes it fills the days
And many nighttimes too,
With aching thoughts and memories
Of Christmases I spent with you.
Yes, memories do hurt, it's true
But I have this feeling too.
I'm so glad I hold these memories,
For with them I hold part of you.
So for now I'll wipe away the tears
And join with loved ones dear
To celebrate this Christmas time,
For I know that, in my heart, you're here.

One Little Candle

I lit a candle tonight, in honor of you
Remembering your life,
and all the times we'd been through.
Such a small little light the candle made
until I realized how much in darkness it lit the way.
All the tears I've cried in all my grief and pain
what a garden they grew,watered with human rain
I sometimes can't see beyond the moment,
in hopeless dispair
But then your memory sustains me,
in heartaches repair.
I can wait for the tomorrow,when my sorrows ease
Until then,I'll light this candle, and let my memories run free



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Boo. This holiday is feeling so much more overwhelming than last year. I especially like the last poem. I'm going to print it out and pack it with my candles to take with me.

    I hope you get through the holidays with peace in your heart and a smile on your face when you remember lovely times spent with Cliff. Sending you lots of love and hugs,
    Love Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. The first poem was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Boo. I was already in tears when I clicked onto your blog, so your post was very good for me to read ..... at just the right time.
    It still sucks, but it's so very nice to know that I'm not alone.
    :)

    ReplyDelete