memories

">

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The best gift I shall receive this Christmas

I received this mail from an old friend's daughter the other day. It made my heart smile because I love to hear what other people's memories of Cliff are. It doesn't get any better than this.


Hello Boo, I've just been reading through your blog after seeing your post of it and I'm now a blubbering mess. I'm sorry I've not said it sooner but I'm sooo sorry for your loss, I know that it had been a long time since I had seen Cliff but there was a time in my life when both you and him were very important to me and helped me a lot through an extremely hard time. It's strange to think of him not being somewhere, I still remember him how I did when I was 15 - a huge giant of a man who could take on the world, I've never met 2 people who were a stronger more loving couple than you two and always wanted that for myself one day so I can't even begin to imagine how hard this past 2 years must have been for you and I just wanted to say I'm sorry he's gone and very sad that I will never get to see or speak to him again. Take care and I hope one day if ever I'm down your way again we could maybe meet for a coffee or something xxxxx

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet letter. It's nice to hear how our loved ones touched someone's life instead of just the cliches about being sorry for the loss, etc.etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special gift. I wish more people knew how appreciated kind words and memories of our loves are. Glad you received such a sweet message.

    Love you! Have a great trip to the coast!
    Love Deb

    ReplyDelete