memories

">

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A poem and The Ghan

A friend emailed me this poem today. It gave me comfort and tears. I love it because it makes so much sense in this new world where I find no sense.


I carry your heart with me - I carry it in my heart.
I am never without it.
Everywhere I go, you go my dear
and whatever is done by only me is your doing my darling.
I fear no fate for you are my fate my sweet.
Your heart I carry in my heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night I dreamed that I was flying on my pillow (like a magic carpet) over Australia, looking down over the beautiful stark, changing landscape. I saw the Ghan so clearly. And remember thinking how like the Harry Potter train it was. In reality the train doesn't look like the Harry Potter train. But in my head it does ...


It felt like I had come home. Like coming to home to Cliff felt. But different. My mind is set now. I am definitely going to move there. Can you see the logo on the front of the train? They say life turns full circle ... having been born in Bahrain, it seems appropriate to move to a country whose most prominent landscape is its desert. Home.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely poem. It sure does make total sense in a crazy reality. I'm so proud of you for making the decision to work towards something that you know is right for you. I'm doing the same, only my plans are a little longer term, keeping my sons' wishes in mind too. Yet part of me just wants to run to somewhere new, somewhere that nurtures my soul. Maybe if I win the lottery :)

    Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most perfect poem.

    I like how your decision about moving is becoming more and more comfortable, and is helping you feel emotionally settled.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love e.e. cummings. they are written to be visually beautiful also. the Ghan goes through beautiful territory. i am glad your decision to move is set. i know it will bring so much to do but you will be working towards something. you'll be working towards a new home and a new life that will still bring you closer to Cliff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. for a minute, I forgot you'd said it was a dream, and I thought you were There already. The soul's Home - good to hear that it can still be felt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the e.e.cummings poem as well. i've had it on my facebook a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete