memories

">

Friday, December 25, 2009

I made it through

I've spent the day with Manda and Mick, and my godchildren Daniel and Kirsty, as well as Manda's cheeky brother Phil ... and without any tears.

I did get a lump in my throat, just once, when Manda toasted "absent friends", and couldn't speak except to say "cheers".

Dinner was lovely, and I managed to eat a child's portion.

Although sometimes it feels as though life is unfair, almost paradoxically, I am aware of how lucky I am to have the family and friends that I am blessed with.

And I was so so privileged to share a third of my life with the most special magical man.

Merry Christmas everyone.

It's almost over for this year, another hurdle defeated.

Tomorrow, I plan to be at home, have a lazy day with the dogs, get the heating and hot water put back on, and phone Cliff's family as well as my own.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like a day well spent. If there is a Christmas spirit, then you embody it. It's great to be able to recognize our blessings in spite of our hardships.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad your day was so well and lovingly spent. i am glad there were no tears. lovely dinner and good friends. Merry Christmas, Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks both, I am now exhausted and can barely think, which is a blessing too ... am going to snooze with dogs in warm lounge and sleep in all morning :-) after I have checked in with your blogs et al xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a good day. It is what I hoped for you more than anything else. For me, the hardest moments usually come after the actual holiday, but I hope that will not be the case for you. So glad to hear you made it through this day okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi SSSF, thanks for checking on me :-)

    The day itself was not so bad, as with you, the pain hit me the next day :-(

    I hope the tsunami has diminished into ripples for you, as it has for me today.

    ReplyDelete