memories

">

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Vans, eBay and the rain & wind

So, PayPal and eBay finally sorted out the problem with my account(s) so I have managed to put Cliff's van up for sale. Unfortunately, the original description that I'd uploaded (with John's help) had mysteriously disappeared making me have to look through the whole vehicle document wallet alone.

I know he'd be proud of me for doing it, but ...

it was hard. Really painful. Seeing his signature on the transfer of ownership papers, his fingerprints on receipts for parts ... all reminding me of just how hard he worked, bringing back memories ... and when I pressed the "submit" button I cried.

For us.

And the weather?

It's miserable out there this morning ... pouring down with rain, windy and grey. Which means that Gary and Shaun won't be coming up to do the roof ... and I was so looking forward to seeing them.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Margo, for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.

    I so admire you and how you're dealing with your grief. Ugh! I can't even begin to imagine that kind of pain. You writing is clearly your "art therapy". You write so beautifully. In regards to putting Cliff's van up for sale, really well done. That's another major step forward. A hurdle jumped.

    Hope you have a lovely week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad your PayPal/eBay problems got sorted. it can be such a headache dealing with that kind of thing.

    i feel such empathy for you selling Cliff's van. the emotional upheaval of dealing with it, then when you sell it, watching it be driven away. powerful stuff there. i know what things can mean and what letting go can do. i have tears in my eyes for you today. i am thinking of you on this day ~ Dia de Los Muertos. there is rain and wind here as well. let's take a walk in the rain "together." =o}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and love to you. I can totally empathize with having to let go of things that were important to him. I'm not very good at that yet. I'm so impressed you've made the first big step. Thank you for continuing to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thinking of you and your love, boo.
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone - I love you for holding my hand along this journey - what would I do without you???

    ReplyDelete