memories

">

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wise words from Winnie-the-Pooh



Today, whilst googling quotations to use in a presentation for work, I came across a website which listed Winnie-the-Pooh's quotations exclusively and was struck by how poignant and how meaningful, apt even, they are today.


I used to believe in forever . . . but forever was too good to be true.

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.

It's so much more friendly with two.

"Pooh, promise me you won't forget about me, ever. Not even when I am a hundred."Pooh thought for a little."How old shall I be then?""Ninety-nine."Pooh nodded. "I promise," he said.

Some people care too much, I think it's called love.

The more he looked inside the more Piglet wasn't there.

If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart.. I’ll always be with you.

If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever.

Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave.


Not a Bear of No Brain at All after all.

6 comments:

  1. Oh gawd, that has really set me blubbing now.

    "Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave"

    I guess they knew we wouldn't ever forget. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm blubbering too! I never knew Winnie the Pooh was so wise. Thank you for sharing these with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I came across the site at work, I had to get my tears under control rapidly (by literally running out of the door for a cigarette). I love Pooh ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Add me to the blubbering brigade!

    :+~~~~~~~~/

    Beautiful quotes! Thank you for posting them!!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  5. the words are so beautiful, but it is somehow the thought of Pooh saying them that sets me off blubbering too xxx

    ReplyDelete