memories

">

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trying to get into a different mindset

and it's going to be difficult.

Because Cliff's Dad has now been diagnosed with skin cancer

and

Because it just will be hard, everything is these days, but I so want to.

Here is a poem that pretty much sums up where I am striving to be, and I think perhaps it might just speak to a widow friend of mine (J).

You can shed tears that he is gone
Or you can smile because he has lived

You can close your eyes and pray that he’ll come back
Or you can open your eyes and see all he’s left

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see him
Or it can be full of the love that you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
Or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday

You can remember him and only that he’s gone
Or you can cherish his memory and let it live on

You can cry and close your mind
Be empty and turn your back
Or you can do what he’d want
Smile, open your eyes, and go on

4 comments:

  1. I love the poem, Boo. Thank you for sharing it. I'm going to print it off and hang it up where I will see it every day so I remember how Austin would want me to keep moving forward in the glow of our love. That sounds a little cheesy but it's how I see it in my mind. Thanks again.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. D - I thought it was something to work towards too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo, the poem is lovely. It really does sum up the whole rotten situation - you can sink under the waves of grief and waste two lives, or do your best to thrive and celebrate the man that you love. It's bloody hard most of the time, but it's definitely the end I am working towards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) I thought it really summed up your recent blog post, that so inspired me xx

    ReplyDelete