memories

">

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Time Traveller's Wife




This is one of the best books I have read. I sobbed when I read the ending, and that was before Cliff had died.

Today, I would give anything to be in this position and I can remember thinking, when I read it, that if Cliff had no option other than to be like this, I would still have loved him and stayed with him.
It's weird because today I feel as though I was with Cliff my entire life, and perhaps through other lifetimes. I still feel him near me sometimes. I think about what he would do and say before I act (most of the time). So, I strongly identify with this story. My counsellor tells me that it is because love is eternal.

They have made the book into a movie and I'll wait for it to come out on DVD otherwise I'll go hysterical at the cinema ... and save it for when I need to have a really good cry, not the everyday crying that I do, but a big cry.

Here's the trailer:


and here's the book:


Don't say I didn't warn you!




5 comments:

  1. I loved this book too and I agree with waiting for the DVD! I watch the DVD of "P.S. I Love You" for a good, snot flowing cry :) That movie made me cry my eyes out before Austin died.

    Glad things are brighter for you today.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - yes I have "used" that one too! Much better today xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an interesting rather gender-neutral list of films, in that you like thrillers and sometimes violent ones.

    Going to the cinema is something I miss a lot. It's funny but some films you just can't see alone. Moon was one of them and it was great. But I wouldn't want to see a rom-com like the Proposal.

    Just tried to use anonw with Wordpress and it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't really do sad films and books, they just get to me too much and drag me down. I have a friend who keeps sending me novels with a grief theme, entirely for the best of motives because she thinks I will find them cathartic. I finally plucked up courage to ask her to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. James - hello! Yes, I love Tarantino and thrillers ... but use the romantic/drama films as a medication when I need to release more than usual. I just tried the link to AnonW and it's working now. Strangely enough - he is a widower and a coeliac who loves travelling. I'll pass him your info just in case you still can't access his blog :-)

    J - well done! Usually I avoid them like the plague too ... but every now and again, they are great for getting everything out, big style! I always end up looking quite delectable as you can imagine. Thinking of you today, because I'm sure that it's not just the 2 dates, but all the days in between too xx

    ReplyDelete