memories

">

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Shirts for sale


I work in a large office and we regularly have people come in to sell things, like shoes (as I mentioned earlier in my blog).

Today's offering was clothes.

Being female, of course, I wandered over to have a look, even though I don't tend to have the motivation to buy these days, at least I am starting to look again. I quite liked a hoodie, but the colour looked all washed out, so I moved on.

And found myself staring at the Fred Perry/Lacoste polo shirts.

Just staring for the longest time.

Mute, couldn't move my feet ... didn't know what I was doing there.

A friend walked over and said, "C'mon, let's go out for a smoke".

Thank god ... don't think the woman would have appreciated all the tears and snot all over her designer-wares.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Boo---I'm sorry seeing the clothes triggered such strong emotions for you. It is so hard seeing things like that as reminders. Luckily, the shop that David got his clothes from is 30 miles away and I don't have to drive anywhere close to it and be reminded.

    I'm just happy to have some of his shirts to cuddle in when I feel crappy.

    Sending you more hugs ((HUGS)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have Cliff's shirts and regularly slop around in them :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete