memories

">

Thursday, August 20, 2009

She made me laugh

I confided to one of the PA's here at work that I still have Santa's up in my house because I can't bear to take them down (because Cliff put them up).

She looked horrified.

And said to me, "You can't do that. It's bad luck."

At which point, I replied, "Feckin' bad luck? Are you shitting me?"

And then we both fell about laughing at how ludicrous her statement was.

We laughed until tears fell down our faces.

And I don't feel bad for laughing.

And it felt good.

And he'd have laughed too.

2 comments:

  1. I say leave them up if they make you feel better!!! I have just the opposite problem--I can't decorate for Christmas. David did that. It was his favorite thing to do. All the decorations we bought are sitting downstairs collecting dust.

    So leave them up, look at them, and smile!!!

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant. It made me laugh too!

    ReplyDelete