memories

">

Monday, August 17, 2009

A random memory


Today I remembered Cliff picking me up from my commuter bus one evening and asking me if I had seen the sun setting.

I had not.

I could see him working out something in his mind.

And off we sped in his little white van, much faster than he ever normally drove.

Past Brands Hatch and up a high hill.

To be rewarded with a quick glimpse of the most spectacular sunset, just before it disappeared.

"Who else do you know who would take you to the highest hill they can find, and drive like a lunatic, so that you wouldn't miss this sunset?" he asked me.

Who else indeed.

ONLY YOU

3 comments:

  1. What a GREAT memory! Just remember that now he's the one sending those great sunsets for you to see!

    HUGS

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. That is one to treasure for ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, beautiful memory ... I am going to try and weave some of these lovely memories into my blog. They make my heart smile.

    ReplyDelete