memories

">

Monday, July 13, 2009

Work is good

Wow, for the past four days I have really felt "normal" at work. And that feels good (even if I do experience pangs of guilt because of the semblance of normalcy).

I'm almost back to working at break-neck speed ... but a little voice keeps warning me not to push myself too hard. NOT YET.

It's almost as though I have a split persona ... normal at work, Italian grieving/ululating widow at home. But that's okay. I have to release or I will either go insane or get very ill.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that things are work are getting to be more normal. That is definitely a step in the right direction!

    It is hard to be two people--I struggle with that sometimes, mostly when I have nothing to do except sit around and really think about the fact that David is gone and he's not coming back.

    Not to sound cliche but it will get better--you just need to take one baby step at a time... :D

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are doing so well. The split personality thing seems to be a good model - I wouldn't worry at all about how it might seem to the outside world. There are days when it is such hard work presenting that veneer of normality that you absolutely need some way of letting off steam afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a relief to be able to function normally for part of the day. I do get little wobbles where something will remind me of the sadness and I battle the tears, but doing good. Thx for your support :-) xx

    ReplyDelete