memories

">

Saturday, July 18, 2009

A text message and housework

My pillar a.k.a. Vicki sent me this text yesterday:

I've been thinking you're fantastic, you have done and achieved so much these last six months, all the while coping with your grieving. You have grown so much before my eyes. Your sense of humour is priceless! I'm so proud to be your friend and I will always be here for you.

She is living proof that we only need a handful of friends, especially if they are as genuine and caring as she.

Perhaps she motivated me to be positive because ...

... I bought a Dyson Animal (vacuum cleaner) and hoovered my entire house today, dusted, washed the toilet, kitchen and bathroom floors, wiped down paintwork, did the washing, emptied the bins, cleaned the fridge, cleaned the bathroom and toilets, changed the bed, and cleaned the kitchen properly ...

I am exhausted and about to log off, then have a shower, pop to the shops, fill the car up with petrol, then find something worth watching on TV.

Looking forward to seeing Jenny tomorrow ... we are spending the day in Belgium, stocking up on cheaper cigarettes ... oh and I might treat myself to a bottle of Absolut :)

It's just dawned on me that this is the first strong weekend I've had since Cliff died.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Boo! This is Biru from the forums.

    I read your blog and couldn't help but comment today. You are so strong, and I'm so glad you are having a strong weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful message, she must be a great friend! Stay strong and have a wonderful time in Belgium.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good weekend in Belgium. But give up on the ciggies please! I know too many who they've done for. My father included!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Biru :-) nice to see you here ... hope your weekend also had strong moments

    CarrieBoo - she has been a very special friend for 28 years :-)

    AnonW - I've been smoking for 32 years ... don't think I'll ever give up to be honest ... sorry ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good weekend. Hope you enjoyed your visit. I wish I could just pop over the channel for a day trip sometimes - it is such a palaver getting organised to get over there from this side of the country.
    Can't have everything I guess!

    ReplyDelete