memories

">

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Going on a little trip

Unfortunately, it's business-related, however, I enjoy these team meetings away, because my team-mates are good people, good company and the meetings are always productive, although they leave me exhausted ... they always did.

My boss Sue has introduced a new ritual at these two day bi-monthly meetings. In the evening we have a little fun, playing a newly invented (by Sue) game ... indulging in a bit of competitiveness, thereby raising money for the charity (http://www.bullying.co.uk/) that I nominated on behalf of Cliff (if people's preference was to donate to charity instead of buying flowers at his funeral).

The first meeting found me unable to speak, let alone participate, in the fund-raising. I sat there mute, focusing on keeping my shit together. I missed the second meeting due to being in Denmark, and am nervous about how I will react to Tuesday night's instalment. I know this though. Whatever I feel, however I react or cope ... it's ok. I'm in good company - a safe environment, and they understand. If I fall over, they'll pick me up. MAYBE, perhaps, I might even be able to participate this time.

I also know this. When the evening is over and I go back to my hotel suite, I will long to call him to say goodnight, like I used to ... smile, laugh and chat for ages. I used to miss him immensely, being away for just one night. And now, it's been almost 7 months. How the hell have I survived this?

Internet, I'll be back on July 30th.

5 comments:

  1. Have a good time and enjoy yourself!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boo,
    Thanks for checking up on me. I just got home tonight (July 26th) and will be posting in the next day or so. I'm fine. It's been a busy month and I'm happy to be home (but bittersweet - I know you know what I mean). I can completely relate to your comment about how one night away used to be hard and now we've survived so many days and nights on our own. I find I ask myself the same question: How the hell have I made it this far? Once in a while I get a thought that I really should call Austin on his cell 'cause I haven't talked to him in a while and he must be wondering what we're up to. That only lasts a second when I come crashing back to reality. This really sucks!

    I hope your business trip is good and that you participate in the fundraising as much as you want to. I saw your post that you're interested in the widow's conference next year. I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe I'm about to type this, but I think it would be great to hang out with widows for the weekend! It would be so amazing to be surrounded by so many people who just get it.

    Talk to you soon,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. L - thanks HUGS xx

    D - yes, me too ... shall I find out more about it and "post" it ... we could all meet up :-)

    Glad you are home safe. Was getting concerned (clucky hen!!!) HUGS xx

    ReplyDelete