memories

">

Saturday, June 20, 2009

An Italian Wedding

I wasn't going to go. Because I've felt so low for the past couple of weeks. But I'm just about to get in the shower and get ready to go to Mel and Elio's wedding reception. I know that I will cry when I put on the black evening dress that I've selected to wear. Because Cliff isn't here to zip me up. Because the last time I wore it was to Faye and David's wedding reception, which Cliff accompanied me to.

But I've decided to be a big girl and do it. He'd want me to. They'd understand if I didn't go, but they're important to me so I must.

Besides if I don't go, two of Cliff's friends have got me a ticket to a rave tonight. And they won't take no for an answer. And that, my friends, I am definitely not ready for. I feel too old for it without him for some reason.

Besides, my legs could do with their third shave in 5 months ;-)

Besides, Italian weddings are great. I will be cuddled and hugged all evening. Now that IS worth getting in my car for.

3 comments:

  1. And you say I am brave.
    We had been invited to a wedding that was about 4 months after R died. There was absolutely no way I could have gone, and I had been really looking forward to it. But the thought of going alone was just terrifying.
    I hope you have a great evening and get lots of hugs. I am so impressed that you can go.
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the Bride and Groom's Mums held my hands while I danced with them, and I had big cuddles with both of them, as well as the Bride and other friends. That said, it was still a relief to get home and let it out, but that goes with the territory xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. J - I meant to say thanks for your lovely comment. It's great to get a bit of praise, or a "well done" ... thanks xx

    ReplyDelete