memories

">

Monday, June 22, 2009

I did it! (Part Two)

I'm back at work again (in the office as opposed to working from home). I feel as though I've just won an Oscar or the Nobel Peace Prize. Seriously.

Had the weirdest dream this morning. Cliff was laying next to me, saying, "Will you turn that damn alarm off and get your arse out of bed." Now I admit that he used to say that to me quite often, hence I thought that it WAS real, and actually turned round to look for him, then looked at the alarm clock and it had been beeping for 19 minutes. I don't need to explain how I reacted to that ... suffice to say, I drove into work so that I could leave half an hour later. But I did it.

It's good to be surrounded by people again. I like the cuddles and hugs :-)

We've had a restructure at work, so I have a new desk and new neighbours ... bit of a fresh start.

Still can't focus on anything for very long, still forgetting what I'm doing and having to back-track, but I'm here.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! Hope the changes around the office helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank hun, and hope you are okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going back to work is a very weird experience eh? For weeks, everyone walked on egg shells around me and I just wanted to scream at them to stop. I know they were just being polite but it was really getting on my nerves.

    And if I had to say "Im fine" one more time, I would have killed someone! :)

    I'm glad that you found my blog and I will be reading yours as I have time. I am so sorry for your loss too.

    And, besides being widows, we have another thing in common--David's nickname for me was Booh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done.
    How did you feel after a whole day at work? Exhausted, but triumphant, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  5. J - tired but triumphant, yes. And then I went down to the coast to see friends and family and got home at midnight. There was no way I could have done that the past two weeks :-)

    Netekay - funny you say that. Yesterday I said to a colleague that I think people think I will crack if they give me a little more work ... so I am going to ask for more involvement in a project that I can get my teeth into ... it's time :-) I'm glad that you are also a "Booh/Boo" ;-)

    ReplyDelete