memories

">

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I am hurt

Someone has decided to vent their own anger and grief on me yet again.

Why is it that the very people you think will initially be on your side end up hurting you the most?

I have been accused of being inconsiderate, selfish and what has hurt the most, is that I am now told that I should have rung this person to inform them that my husband died straight away, instead of making the effort, which at the time was gargantuan and mammoth, believe me, to go visit them to tell them face to face.

They obviously mistake me for someone that gives a fuck. Because I don't right now. I just want to be with him.

I have spoken to Cliff's friends and they are stunned and appalled. But I still hurt. They reassure me that I haven't done anything wrong. But I still hurt.

I wish these pills would kick in.

4 comments:

  1. If you don't mind a near stranger butting in and offering unsolicited advice - b*ll*cks to them. I'm not surprised you hurt. That is an appalling thing to say to someone who has recently lost the love of their life.
    If it is possible, give this person a reasonable time in which to realise they have been an arse and apologise. If they don't, they are far too self-centred to do you any good and, if you can, you should try to put as much distance between you and them as possible.
    I'm sorry you have had to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, though its hard to ignore what they said, its the best thing to try to do. How can anyone expect you to call when you are in such pain? Another quote to add to the "things not to say" pile...I think it would make a great book, haha.
    Take care
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That comment above was mine...not sure why my name came up, but thats ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks both, I'll get through this. I have realized that now, and have decided to follow your advice, that of Cliff's friends and family, to cut ties and move on. No point in being bitter.

    ReplyDelete