memories

">

Monday, June 1, 2009

Driving home to Santa

Driving home I suddenly have the urge to drive to our old hometown (where so far I have not had the courage to visit) … knowing that my dogs will freak out if I am home late is the only thing that stops me from doing so.

I nearly break, at 85 mph, and then the Black Eyed Peas come on the radio.

The next moment I’m almost bopping and I AM singing at the top of my voice …

WTF?

HOW CAN I DIP SO LOW AND SO HIGH IN THE SPACE OF ONE NANOSECOND AND NOT LOSE MY MIND?

At home, the Santa’s still reign supreme. One of them is a ZZ Top style Santa, standing at approximately at 4 feet. It’s unplugged, thankfully.

NO ONE ever mentions this when they visit. Either they can’t see it (doubtful), they are too embarrassed to mention it (most likely), or they think I am losing my mind.

This photo was taken just after we moved into our house - it all looks completely different now, thankfully ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment