memories

">

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Little Mermaid

This is the statue of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen. Hans Christian Andersen played a big part of my childhood, so I'd love to visit her while I'm in the country. PLUS IT WILL STOP JENNY AND I BLOWING TOO MUCH MONEY IN THE SHOPS if we take a break to see her.

A Danish colleague has warned me that the Danes may have loaned her to China though ... probably because they have sent some of their terracotta army over to Europe (which Cliff, Lizi, Adam and I went to see at the British Museum last year, finishing off the day by getting pleasantly mashed in a pub).

We'll see ...

I feel a bit like her right now ... sitting on a rock by the sea, and heartbroken. Read the story ... philosophically it has an uplifting ending that I can truly identify with right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Mermaid

Internet, I'll be back on the 27th May.




No comments:

Post a Comment