memories

">

Monday, April 13, 2009

Time to think about new clothes for work

Today, as I walked up the stairs at work, my trousers almost fell down. There are 900 people in my building and it’s all open-plan. The only solid walls are in the toilets. Do the risk assessment.

I have lost weight. I am eating properly during the week NOW, but I’m still losing weight, albeit at a more gradual pace more recently.

So, my black trousers now sit on my hips instead of my waist. Which means the hems drag on the floor unless I wear high heels. So I do.

Nonetheless, today, my heel got caught in the hem of my right trouser leg (clearly, I have lost quite a lot more weight) … and there I was, carrying a hot drink in one hand and my laptop in the other.

Dilemma – do I risk falling over, or drop the hot drink on a colleague and waste my laptop, or expose my bum to roughly 200 people?

Luckily for everyone, the only damage done was that I tore the hem.


I will go and buy some new outfits for work, but I don’t have the energy or inclination. NOT YET. MAYBE TOMORROW. NOT YET.

No comments:

Post a Comment