memories

">

Monday, April 27, 2009

A Major Setback

My neighbour Paul came round to tell me that his wife Peggy has been hospitalized because her kidneys and liver are failing. She is also incontinent, hasn't eaten for 3 weeks, but was still drinking White Lightning. All at the age of 36. It's heartbreaking.

So, I insisted on driving him and the girls to hospital to see how she is, and follow them to the ward she's staying on for the next 2 months.

IT'S THE SAME WARD THAT CLIFF DIED IN.

I start shaking, really shaking, so much so that one of the Senior Sisters came over to see if I was okay.

I told her that I probably needed a sugar fix. There was no way I was going to tell her what the real issue was ... because if I did, I would have started howling.

She probably thinks I'm a White Lightning drinker too.

----------------------------------------------------


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Lightning_(cider)

This stuff should be banned ... it's evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment