memories

">

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Commercials that follow me

Since Cliff died, in fact, immediately after he died, they have been running THREE commercials. And I swear they follow me everywhere I go. I seem to see these at least once or twice EACH DAY. Friends have asked me if I’ve seen them because they find them upsetting too.

F.A.S.T.

Face – can they smile?
Arm – can they move both arms?
Speech – is their speech slurred?
Time to dial 999 … (no shit, Sherlock)

It’s an awful commercial. Surely if anyone displayed those symptoms, even a child would figure that they needed an ambulance.

IT LIES TO PEOPLE. IT GIVES FALSE HOPE AND CANNOT KEEP ITS PROMISE. There should be a caveat at the end of the commercial … BECAUSE JUST BECAUSE YOU ACT FAST, YOU CAN’T ALWAYS SAVE “MORE OF THE PERSON” … SOME STROKES ARE SO DAMAGING, SO TRAUMATIC TO THE BRAIN, THAT THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD SAVE THEM, EVEN IF YOU HAD YOUR OWN OPERATING THEATRE AT HOME AND YOU HAPPENED TO BE QUALIFIED AS A BRAIN SURGEON AND CARDIOLOGIST.

The Co-operative commercial with soundtrack of “Blowin’ in the Wind” (Dylan).

I have no idea what they are talking about because I HAVE to change channel when this rears its ugly head. This is the song that Jayde chose to have played at his funeral, and I can’t listen to it. NOT YET.

A Funeral Business commercial. I think this is the handiwork of the Co-operative again – the bastards. They make it sound like it’s easy. Even if they did everything for you, it would still be hardest thing you ever had to do in your life. WTF do they know? Has their husband or wife died?

WTF were ALL THREE OF THESE HATED REMINDERS put on TV almost the second I lost him? Huh, huh, huh???

And when will they stop airing them?

No comments:

Post a Comment